September 5, 2012 by Farzad Minoo Damania
Medicine is considered to be one of the most rewarding careers for those who are interested in diagnosing, treating and helping patients suffering from injuries or diseases.
- Strong sense of responsibility and duty
- Excellent analytical and logical thinking
- Ability to take timely decisions
- Stamina, patience and power of concentration
- Ability to memorize and recall scientific facts
- A sociable, friendly and sympathetic personality
- Willingness to learn throughout career
- Ability to work hard for long hours
- Pleasing and empathetic with motivation skills
- Ability to inspire trust and develop good rapport
Fields of Study
- Naturopathy & Yoga
- Veterinary Science
Field of Study
M.D / M.S / DNB / DM
M.D (Ayu.) / M.S (Ayu.)
& Yogic Science
Diploma / PG Diploma
M.D / M.S / DNB
M.Ch. / DM
B.V.Sc & AH
M.V.Sc & AH
DM (P & CCM)
Top Colleges in India
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- JIPMER, Pondicherry
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
- Lady Hardinge Medical College, Delhi
- Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi
- Grant Medical College, Mumbai
- St. John’s Medical College, Bangalore
- Madras Medical College, Chennai
- Stanley Medical College, Chennai
- King George Medical University, Lucknow
- B.J. Medical College, Ahmedabad
- Christian Medical college, Ludhiana
- Institute of Medical Sciences, BHU, Varanasi
- Seth G.S. Medical College, Mumbai
- Bangalore Medical College, Bangalore
- University College of Medical sciences, Delhi
- Sri Ramachandra Medical College, Chennai
- Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical college, Mumbai
- M.S. Ramaiah Medical college, Bangalore
- Medical College & Hospital Kolkata
- Topiwala National Medical College, Mumbai
- Government Medical College, Chandigarh
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, AMU, Aligarh
- Dr. D.Y. Patil Medical College, Mumbai
- K. J. Somaiya Medical College, Mumbai
- Madras Veterinary College, Chennai
- Lala Lajpat Rai Univ of Veterinary & AH, Hisar
- Bombay Veterinary College, Mumbai
Careers in Medicine
An Anaesthesiologist or Anaesthetist is a physician who administers the drugs (anaesthetics) that reduce or eliminate the sensation of pain during or after a surgery or medical procedure. Anaesthesiologists work with other physicians, medical specialists and surgeons to decide on treatments and operating procedures during and after surgery.
An Ayurvedic Doctor is a health care professional who diagnoses and treats people using ayurvedic medicine. Ayurveda emphasizes re-establishing balance in the body through diet, lifestyle, exercise, and body cleansing, and on the health of the mind, body, and spirit.
Cardiologist is a physician who specializes in internal medicine that concentrates on diagnosis and treatment of heart diseases.
Coroner directs activities such as autopsies, toxicological and pathological analyses, works on investigation of deaths to determine causes of death, and to fix responsibility for accidental, violent or unexplained deaths.
A Dentist examines, diagnoses and treats diseases, injuries, malformations and problems of teeth and gums along with giving guidance on preventive care to avoid future problems. The Dentist helps in removing tooth decay, fill cavities, straighten teeth, examine x-rays and perform corrective surgeries on gums.
Dermatologist is a physician who is trained to treat diseases and conditions of the skin. The Dermatologist manages acute and chronic disorders of the skin, and also some cosmetic problems of the skin, scalp, hair and nails.
Ear, Nose, and Throat Specialist
An Ear, Nose, and Throat (ENT) Specialist (a.k.a. Otolaryngologist), provides comprehensive medical and surgical care for patients with disorders and diseases that involve or affect the nose, ears, throat, and related structures of the head and neck.
Family Physician & General Practitioner
Family Physician & General Practitioner diagnoses, treats and helps prevent diseases and injuries that occur commonly in the general populations. The physician examines patients, takes medical history, prescribes medications, and orders, performs and interprets diagnostic tests. The physician sometimes refers the patient with serious conditions to a medical specialist.
Homeopathy Doctor (a.k.a. Homeopath) is a health care professional who practises a complete system of natural medicine called homeopathy. Homeopathy is used to maintain good health, and to treat acute as well as chronic ailments.
Naturopathy Doctor (a.k.a. Naturopath) is a physician who practices naturopathic medicine which uses a variety of natural approaches to health and healing. The naturopath diagnoses, treats, and helps prevent diseases using natural medicine and exercise techniques.
A Neurologist is a physician who specializes in neurology, and is trained to investigate, diagnose and treat neurological disorders and diseases; i.e. disorders related to the human nervous system (brain, spinal cord, and peripheral nerves).
Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
An Obstetrician & Gynaecologist (OB/GYN) is a physician who provides medical care related to pregnancy, child birth and female reproductive system. Duties include treating and counselling women throughout the pregnancy process, delivering babies, diagnosing and treating health issues related to women, such as cervical cancer, breast cancer, hormonal disorders and menopause.
An Ophthalmologist diagnoses, treats, and helps prevent diseases and injuries of the eyes and eye structures such as cornea, sclera, conjunctiva or eyelids. The Ophthalmologist performs surgeries such as cataract, glaucoma, refractive, corneal and other oculoplastic surgeries.
Pediatrician is a physician who provides care for infants, children, teenagers and young adults. The pediatrician specializes in diagnosing illnesses, treating injuries and infectious diseases in children.
Psychiatrist is a primary mental health physician who diagnoses and treats mental illnesses through a combination of personal counselling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, hospitalization and medication. The Psychiatrist may prescribe medications to correct chemical imbalances that cause some mental illnesses.
Surgeon is a medical doctor or physician who operates and treats patients to cure ailments, treat diseases, correct deformities and repair injuries by invasive and non-invasive surgical methods with the help of medical instruments, appliances and devices.
Veterinarian (a.k.a. Veterinary Doctor) deals with the treatment, care and handling of domestic pets, farm animals, zoo and national park animals, sporting and laboratory animals.
- Nursing Homes
- Health Departments
- Armed Services Departments
- Merchant Navy
- Research Labs
- Universities and Colleges
- Fitness Centres
- Recreation and Health Clubs
- Diagnostic Centres
- Community Health Centres
- Rehabilitation Centres
- Private / Independent Practice
EduGroomers is a professionally managed educational organization offering Unbiased Career Assessment,Counselling, and various Empowerment Training Programs for students (school andcollege), teenagers, graduates, job seekers and working professionals.
Established with an endeavor toempower and groom individuals of all ages including students (school andcollege), teenagers, graduates, job seekers, working professionals, housewivesand seniors, EduGroomers offers numerous integrated learning solutions and unmatchedCareer Advice with assistance of its adroit team of professionals and experts,who are always updated with the latest Career Opportunities and Career trends inIndia and abroad.
EduGroomers (Famous and Most Popular)Career Testing includes:
- CareerEvaluation Test – Discover your natural career abilities
- Career InterestTest – Know your career interests
- Aptitude Test –Check if your aptitude supports your career plans
- PersonalityTest – Understand how your personality resonates with your career choice
- EmotionalIntelligence Test – Learn if you can handle the nuances and pressure of job/ business
Benefits of EduGroomers Programs:
Unbiased Career Counselling (We are not tied up with any institute, we are 100% unbiased)
- Identifies your strengths, passion, aptitude and career opportunities
- Individualistic approach and Personal attention
- Result oriented workshops and seminars
- Innovative out-of-box training programs
- Expert and knowledgeable guidance